Re: T1247 - Conditionally do (use-modules (ice-9 curried-definitions)) if running with Guile V2, (issue2219044)

Re: T1247 - Conditionally do (use-modules (ice-9 curried-definitions)) if running with Guile V2, (issue2219044)

Patrick McCarty
Hi Ian,

On 2010/11/25 15:56:26, ianhulin44 wrote:
> Another thought re the conditional (define-module) idea, if it's
> (if) making the guile compilation barf, we could try using
> (cond) or (cond-expand) instead.

I just tried all of these options, and nothing seems to work.  I'm
pretty baffled.

In fact, the display-lily.scm module *loads* the top-level lily
module with

   #:use-module (lily)

so why isn't (ice-9 curried-definitions) picked up in the first
place?

> Hmm... can you patch out the (if string>? .... block and
> implement the TODO, as I had this working for Guile 1,9.12.

Yes, the only thing that works for me is to add

   #:use-module (ice-9 curried-definitions)

to the (define-module (scm display-lily) ...) block at the top of
display-lily.scm.

But, of course, this only works with Guile 1.9, since the
curried-definitions module doesn't exist in Guile 1.8.

---

Looking back at your email from the Frogs list (subject
"display-lily.scm question"), I tried some of those options too,
such as (a) adding display-lily.scm to the use-modules list in
lily.scm, (b) adding display-lily.scm to the ly:load list in
lily.scm, but those don't work either.

I'm at a loss, so I'll revisit this at a later time...

Any ideas? :)

Thanks,
Patrick

http://codereview.appspot.com/2219044/