Re: T1055: Avoid using deprecated %module-public-interface in guile initialisation. (issue1160044)

Re: T1055: Avoid using deprecated %module-public-interface in guile initialisation. (issue1160044)

Neil Puttock
On 2010/08/28 19:16:18, Ian Hulin wrote:

> Anyhow, building against V1.9.11 showed up Neil's concerns with the
code
> in lily.scm/simple-format-handler and /ergonomic-simple-format and I
> have a fix for this.  It looks like the byte-compiler in Guile V1.9.11
> is stricter than the interpreter in V1.8.7.

I still don't understand why you want to add the exception handler for
`format'.  It's not required in 1.8.7 if you're only exporting the
public interface, and you haven't justified its inclusion for 1.9.

>    (define ((make-music-type-predicate-aux mtypes) expr)

This curried expression won't work in 1.9 without using the

(ice-9 curried-definitions)

module.

> Patrick and Neil, do I have to fix all the compatibility problems in
all
> the scm files loaded by lily.scm in order to push what we have so far?

No, though I'd like you to do the following before we can commit this
patch:

-) remove the exception handler

-) remove this line from lily-lexer.cc:

+ scm_c_export (symstr.c_str(), NULL);

-) remove this line from define-grob-properties.scm:

+(use-modules (scm clip-region))

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/1160044/

Re: T1055: Avoid using deprecated %module-public-interface in guile initialisation. (issue1160044)

Patrick McCarty
On 2010/08/28 19:16:18, Ian Hulin wrote:

> Patrick and Neil, do I have to fix all the compatibility
> problems in all the scm files loaded by lily.scm in order
> to push what we have so far?

No.  Some of the other compatibility problems are quite complicated and
deserve their own separate issues.

Please see my `guile' branch for hints about what needs to happen in
order for the SCM code base to successfully compile against Guile 1.9:

http://repo.or.cz/w/lilypond/patrick.git/shortlog/refs/heads/guile

Keep in mind that these may not be proper "backward-compatible" fixes,
but they do work with Guile 1.9.  I do not have the time at the moment
to investigate proper fixes for these issues.

Thanks,
Patrick

http://codereview.appspot.com/1160044/