Re: Music expressions and iterators (was: bendimplementation)

Re: Music expressions and iterators (was: bendimplementation)

David Pounder

My understanding is that the initialize, start_translation_timestep, process_music, process_acknowledged, stop_translation_timestep and finalize functions are called in the order the engravers appear in the context definition, but that events are heard in the order they appear in the music stream.

In other words, if two engravers are listening for the same event, the first in the context block will hear it first and will finish whatever it does in the event handler function before the second one hears it. On the other hand, if an engraver is listening for two events, it will have to wait until all other engravers have finished with the first event before it hears the second. I assume this is why most engravers just store their heard events in the handler functions and do their processing in process_
music.

I assume the situation is similar for grob acknowledgment, but am not sure.

This is the impression I get from the Erik Sandberg thesis. If it's correct, it might be useful for the CG. Does anyone know otherwise?

Regards,

David Pounder

Re: Music expressions and iterators (was: bendimplementation)

Marc Hohl
David Pounder schrieb:

> [...]
David, thanks for your explanations - this is very useful indeed and
should be mentioned in the CG!

Thanks,

Marc
> Regards,
>
> David Pounder

Re: Music expressions and iterators (was: bendimplementation)

David Pounder

Ok - I'll see if I can figure out the order for grob/interface acknowledgement and put together a patch.

David.

Re: Music expressions and iterators (was: bendimplementation)

David Pounder

(forgot to cc. the list!)