Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

David Pounder
Hi,

The attached patch adds a new  snippet for numeric easy noteheads.

I hope I've done it right, but wouldn't be surprised if I haven't.

All comments welcome.

- David.



2009: A year in review - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/2009


---
----
Join the Frogs!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

Carl Sorensen
David,

I didn't see an attached patch.

If you just want to add the snippet, and aren't changing any of the existing
code, we should just get a .ly file, instead of a patch.

Thanks,

Carl



On 1/12/10 11:54 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The attached patch adds a new  snippet for numeric easy noteheads.
>
> I hope I've done it right, but wouldn't be surprised if I haven't.
>
> All comments welcome.
>
> - David.
>
>
>
> 2009: A year in review - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/2009
>
>
> ---
> ----
> Join the Frogs!
>


---
----
Join the Frogs!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

David Pounder
In reply to this post by David Pounder


>----Original Message----
>From: [hidden email]
>Date: 12/01/2010 18:54
>To: <[hidden email]>
>Subj: [frogs] Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric
Noteheads Snippet
>
>Hi,
>
>The attached patch adds a new  snippet for numeric easy noteheads.
>
>I hope I've done it right, but wouldn't be surprised if I haven't.
>

Actually, I think I may have done something wrong now as git -status
shows:
> # On branch master
> # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.
> #
> # Changes to be committed:
> #   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
> #
> # new file:   Documentation/snippets/numbers-as-easy-noteheads.ly

I definitely did do a git add on this file. Can you ignore this patch
until I figure out where I've gone wrong?

Sorry for the noise.



2009: A year in review - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/2009


---
----
Join the Frogs!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

David Pounder
In reply to this post by David Pounder


>----Original Message----
>From: [hidden email]
>Date: 12/01/2010 19:18
>To: "[hidden email]"<[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]"
<[hidden email]>
>Subj: Re: [frogs] Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e
Numeric Noteheads Snippet
>
>David,
>
>I didn't see an attached patch.
>
>If you just want to add the snippet, and aren't changing any of the
existing
>code, we should just get a .ly file, instead of a patch.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Carl
>

Sorry - I thought I had to add it to Documentation/snippets/new and
run the makelsr.py script, rebuild the docs and then generate a patch?

It's a bit confusing. The ly file should be attached now. If not,
there's something wrong with my mail.

David




2009: A year in review - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/2009

numbers-as-easy-noteheads.ly (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

Carl Sorensen
In reply to this post by David Pounder



On 1/12/10 12:21 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
>
>> ----Original Message----
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Date: 12/01/2010 18:54
>> To: <[hidden email]>
>> Subj: [frogs] Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric
> Noteheads Snippet
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The attached patch adds a new  snippet for numeric easy noteheads.
>>
>> I hope I've done it right, but wouldn't be surprised if I haven't.
>>
>
> Actually, I think I may have done something wrong now as git -status
> shows:
>> # On branch master
>> # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.
>> #
>> # Changes to be committed:
>> #   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
>> #
>> #     new file:   Documentation/snippets/numbers-as-easy-noteheads.ly
>
> I definitely did do a git add on this file. Can you ignore this patch
> until I figure out where I've gone wrong?

Nothing's wrong, you've done the git add.

Just do a git commit -a to finally commit the new file.

Thanks,

Carl


---
----
Join the Frogs!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

J_ames
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

Neil Puttock
In reply to this post by David Pounder
2010/1/12 [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:

> Sorry - I thought I had to add it to Documentation/snippets/new and
> run the makelsr.py script, rebuild the docs and then generate a patch?

No need to apologize; it was my suggestion to add it directly, but if
you're more comfortable with sending a .ly file, that's fine too.

> It's a bit confusing. The ly file should be attached now. If not,
> there's something wrong with my mail.

Thanks, this looks good.

If you can sort out the following nitpicks, it should be ready for pushing:

Please use `note head' (and `-note-heads' in the filename)

+ of the @code{notehead} object to determine what appears inside

@code{NoteHead}

Cheers,
Neil

---
----
Join the Frogs!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e Numeric Noteheads Snippet

David Pounder
In reply to this post by David Pounder


>----Original Message----
>From: [hidden email]
>Date: 12/01/2010 22:52
>To: "[hidden email]"<[hidden email]>
>Cc: <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]"<[hidden email]>
>Subj: Re: [frogs] Patch 35082c46e888dd991ce7b446d7d5108d057cf23e
Numeric Noteheads Snippet
>
>2010/1/12 [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Sorry - I thought I had to add it to Documentation/snippets/new and
>> run the makelsr.py script, rebuild the docs and then generate a
patch?

>
>No need to apologize; it was my suggestion to add it directly, but if
>you're more comfortable with sending a .ly file, that's fine too.
>
>> It's a bit confusing. The ly file should be attached now. If not,
>> there's something wrong with my mail.
>
>Thanks, this looks good.
>
>If you can sort out the following nitpicks, it should be ready for
pushing:

>
>Please use `note head' (and `-note-heads' in the filename)
>
>+ of the @code{notehead} object to determine what appears inside
>
>@code{NoteHead}
>
>Cheers,
>Neil
>

Thanks - I'll have another go at producing the patch. I misunderstood
the part about adding and commiting in the CG, but know what went wrong
now.

- David.



2009: A year in review - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/2009


---
----
Join the Frogs!