New tadpole

Owen Tuz
....probably more like frogspawn, to be honest.

My name's Owen, I'm a final year music student in the UK. I've been learning C++ for a while with the hope of helping develop open source tools such as Lilypond for composers, but before that all my actual programming experience has been with web applications (and even that makes it sound more grand that it is).

I have the latest source compiled from GIT and running under Arch, and I'm probably going to spend a little more time getting to know my way around before I submit any actual code, but I thought I should introduce myself. Very little coding experience probably doesn't sound like a great prospect, but if there's any way I can make myself useful please just let me know :)

Re: New tadpole

Carl Sorensen

On 11/13/10 2:43 PM, "Owen Tuz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ....probably more like frogspawn, to be honest.
>
> My name's Owen, I'm a final year music student in the UK. I've been learning
> C++ for a while with the hope of helping develop open source tools such as
> Lilypond for composers, but before that all my actual programming experience
> has been with web applications (and even that makes it sound more grand that
> it is).
>
> I have the latest source compiled from GIT and running under Arch, and I'm
> probably going to spend a little more time getting to know my way around
> before I submit any actual code, but I thought I should introduce myself. Very
> little coding experience probably doesn't sound like a great prospect, but if
> there's any way I can make myself useful please just let me know :)

Welcome to the pond, Owen!

Most of the people who start working on LilyPond start in scheme, rather
than in C++.  But we're happy to have you start with C++ if that's what
you're more comfortable with.

I'd suggest that the easiest way to get your feet wet in LilyPond is to
search for issues with a Frog label:

<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=2&q=label:Frog&colspec=ID
+Type+Status+Priority+Stars+Owner+Summary&x=type&y=priority&cells=tiles>

There are lots of those.  If one of them is interesting to you, then go for
it.  We're happy to provide any help we can.