Naming output files – dig out

Xavier Scheuer
Special recipients: Marek Klein, Valentin.

Hi dear Frogs!

I recently answered a question about "output suffix"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2010-05/msg00302.html
and I found out the discussion "Naming output files":
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-02/msg00801.html

and particularly this message with some code from Marek Klein
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-02/msg00862.html

I'm sorry to "dig out" this one-year-old discussion but I'm not sure
the code from Marek has been effectively merged (or at least it is not
documented).

Then I have 2 messages from Valentin saying

  2009/3/2 Valentin Villenave <[hidden email]>:
  > Carl, Reinhold, should I open a tracker issue or will this fix get
merged soon?

  Oops -- just seen the new thread on -devel. My bad, forget it.

but I couldn't find this thread.

However I found a thread about this on the Frogs mailing list:
"Naming output files - status update please?"
http://lilypond-frogs.2124236.n2.nabble.com/Naming-output-files-status-update-please-td3027314.html;cid=1275246351289-245#a3027314
http://lilypond-frogs.2124236.n2.nabble.com/Re-Naming-output-files-tp2390220p2390220.html

But this doesn't seem to be finished.

So, in brief, could somebody involved check this code has been
effectively submitted/merged?

I'm sorry not being able to help more but I wasn't a subscriber to all
these mailing lists at this time, and since the messages of this thread
seem to have been cross-posted differently on all the mailing lists
I'm completely lost!

Thanks a lot,
Xavier

PS: Cc to bug- to add this to the tracker if nobody has the time to do
    this now...

--
Xavier Scheuer <[hidden email]>

Re: Naming output files – dig out

Graham Percival
On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:59:57PM +0200, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
> I recently answered a question about "output suffix"

Did you try looking on the tracker?

closed, submitted, etc.

open item:

- Graham

2010/5/30 Graham Percival <[hidden email]>:

> Did you try looking on the tracker?
>
> closed, submitted, etc.
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=836
>
> open item:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1041

Sorry, missed that.

That would have been easier than digging out and searching all around
on ML archives...  :p  :D

Thanks,
Xavier

--